SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Netherlands. Specialized in Infant nutrition. Operating in a high technological industry (Dairy) in high care risk environments. Therefore it is essential for our client to develop and retain the best talent. The company has a very global character, so you will get the opportunities to grow in a collaborative, global environment. Make sure you like to work with different cultures and love to travel!
Role descriptionReporting to the Director Global EHS. No direct reports. Indirect reports all EHS employees worldwide. Closely working with: Regional Commercial Managers, Plant Managers, Global EHS, Third Party Suppliers and Powder Manufacturers. You as part of the Global EHS staff will make sure the performance standards are met for the Asia/Europe Region. Global travel (North America, Europe, Asia /Pacific) up to of 50% of the time required. This position will be full time and located in Europe/Nijmegen area.
The core behaviors for this role are: drive performance with focus, communicate with clarity, innovate and improve and develop and engage.
Responsibilities- Foster a positive environment where people are encouraged to grow their EHS expertise and work closely with cross-functional peers.
- Partner with the global director of EHS to develop and implement a world class EHS program to ensure a safe and work environment for all employees.
- Provide support and technical guidance to operations personnel to ensure programs are effectively implemented and maintained. Areas of technical guidance are: fire protection, general safety, process safety management, air, waste, water, EHS Management systems and remediation issues.
- Provide support and technical guidance to offices and sales personnel to ensure EHS programs are effectively implemented and maintained.
- Develop a Process Safety network that enhances performance and reduces risk of incidents.
- Lead process hazard analysis studies (e.g. HAZOPS) in conjunction with EHS, engineering and technical disciplines.
- Coordinate and interpret chemical hazards testing, thermal hazard analysis and dust explosion testing. Implement engineering solutions to mitigate hazards in conjunction with manufacturing teams and EHS.
- Develop and implement formal training relative to chemical process safety, process equipment hazard assessment and risk management and other training needs.
- Evaluate EHS technical, compliance and risk concerns and recommend preventative measures and solutions in a timely manner.
- Assure compliance with EHS regulations, Company policies and procedures in each country where are offices and / or operations.
- Provides oversight of accident investigations and corrective actions to assure accurate classification of injuries and reporting. Assures adequate corrective actions are put into place to prevent recurrence. Takes leadership role in dealing with complex or sensitive situations, and works with EHS partners to ensure preventive measures are globally applicable.
- Assure that proper environmental and operating permits are acquired for new facilities/operations and then maintained per local regulations.
- Assists sites in completing corrective actions which may result from corporate or external audits.
- Participates in the design of new facilities or major revisions of existing facilities to assure proper EHS considerations are put into in place.
- Provides emergency preparedness standards and participates in any emergency response and recovery efforts as needed.
- Provides direction for industrial hygiene monitoring including chemical and physical agent exposure assessments and corrective actions to assure regulatory compliance and that employees are not exposed to potential adverse health effects in the operations.
- Assists in the development of EHS strategy and proactively analyzes issues to drive integration of EHS disciplines and solutions.
- Use detailed understanding of facilities, equipment and materials to develop procedures for EHS controls.
- Works with business partners to ensure EHS guidelines stay current with evolving production and business processes throughout the organization.
- Stays abreast of company, industry and regulatory activities to ensure the company maintains an exemplary record with respect to EHS compliance and employs leading management practices.
- Performs EHS site manufacturing audits, external waste vendor audits and third party base powder and raw material supplier manufacturing site audits per required standards. Ensures that the audit results are communicated internally to all stakeholders and programs are put in place for corrective action as needed.
- Develops and implements sound and innovative methods to utilize corporate record keeping programs to develop business improvements for both legal/regulatory and governance / stakeholder issues.
Requirements- Bachelor degree preferably in safety, environmental science, engineering or a closely related scientific field.
- 10+ years of experience in EHS Food, Nutritional or Pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience for international EHS Operations
- An understanding of cultural / national differences as they affect EHS requirements, communications and business practices
- A minimum of 5 years facility based operating experience
- Broad knowledge of global EHS requirements and programs
- The successful candidate must be comfortable and confident dealing with all levels within the organization. The candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, drive and achieve results.