SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Utrecht Netherlands. As one of the largest and most leading companies in the B2B sector, this client is well-known among its peers. A company where passion, quality and innovation are highly valued. The company is growing rapidly and we are looking for an entrepreneurial and ambitious senior Category Manager who likes to be part of this growth.
Role descriptionIn short, you set the category marketing strategy for the savoury product segment. You define general objectives, set and maintain the budgets and are responsible for your category. Technical knowledge of the savoury ingredients is a pre, not a hard must. What is important is a thorough, 10+ years experience in marketing. The role is European, with about 40% travel, so you have to be dedicated and willing to learn on the job. Although you only have 2 direct reports, you travel and manage local teams to learn about and improve the local offset markets.
Responsibilities• assure the permanent improvement of the know-how of the Category.
• support Business Development activities of markets and Channels.
• collaborate with the R&D Training & decentralisation team for optimising the technical know how and development of the affiliates.
• supervise an international product range of clearly positioned products/brands.
• sorting this by end application and customer segment.
• drive short term & long term Innovation & Renovations of the category integrating the market & process trends.
Requirements• Economics or Business degree, MSc preferred
• minimum of 10 years of experience in (Category) Marketing
• able to understand technical products and issues and ready to have a common language with R&D, Q.A., and Operations
• able to motivate and coordinate multidisciplinary teams
• able to build bridges, evaluate and develop others
• good understanding of the market trends and market demands
• fluent Dutch, English are necessary, French is a strong plus