The companyOur client is a professional FMCG organisation, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. .
- Ben jij op korte termijn beschikbaar voor een nieuwe uitdaging voor een van de grootste werkgevers van Nederland?
- Heb jij een Master Supply Chain Management of een MSc Business Administration?
- Heb jij daarnaast ook al enige ervaring met de uitdagende planningsprocessen binnen de FMCG wereld?
Reageer dan direct! Voor vragen ben ik te bereiken op 085 0444650
Role descriptionThe Demand Planner generates a sales forecast that, depending on the assortment category, is either consolidated out of the input received from the Stores and Offer Management, or generated from historical sales a through a dedicated statistical tool. You have a close collaboration with different internal and external business partners in order to improve the logistic structure of the import management. This position focuses on the forecasting and ordering process of country platform(s), especially when it comes to enabling and supporting the process with forecasting/ordering tools (ex. SAF SuperWarehouse) or “MIS Forecasting tool”.
The Demand Planner also supports the Head of Supply Chain Planning and the Manager Demand Planning in achieving the target stock and availability performance while optimizing the total landed cost, and continuous improvement within his area of responsibility.
In this position you have the freedom to act within your own described profile and is subjected to the aligned stock and availability targets.
Responsibilities- Generates a sales forecast that, depending on the assortment category, is either consolidated out of the input received from the Stores and Offer Management, or generated from historical sales a through a dedicated statistical tool.
- Adjusts the initial order forecast through the relevant qualitative factors supported by the system, and/or by collecting relevant input from experts.
- Ensures proper and timely order execution by suppliers.
- Monitors stock and availability performance and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Reports performance, highlights main gaps, identified root causes and triggers corrective / improvement actions.
- Establishing and maintaining supportive relationships with relevant stakeholders, suppliers and team members to ensure effective communication of strategic and tactical issues. Serving as a liaison on operational and tactical topics between suppliers and supply chain partners and ensuring effective and efficient communication to customers.
- Have a close collaboration with our business partners in order to improve the logistic structure of our import management
- Monitors availability and stock days of assortment managed via the country platform, proposes appropriate actions to avoid excessive stock, facilitates decision making, and implements decisions.
- Operationally runs forecasting and ordering processes supported by related IT tools.
- Continuous Improvement, drives the work-flow and fine tuning of forecasting/ordering tools like SAF-SWH (SAF SuperWarehouse) or MIS Forecasting tool used in the country platforms.
- Using planning system tools to effectively and efficiently create tactical and strategic inventory and supply solutions. Applying system development and enhancement to the categories assigned to you.
Requirements- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Business Engineer with focus on Supply Chain Management;
- 1-5 years’ experience in Planning in Fast Moving Consumer Goods industries;
- or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or work experience.
- Profound understanding of Supply Chain (holistic view) and, in particular, of the following areas:
o Demand Forecasting principles, (IT) tools, techniques (ex. forecasting algorithms)
o Target and safety stock management
o Material Requirements Planning principles, (IT) tools, techniques
o Financial impact of stock management
- Strong MS Office skills. Able to create documents, spreadsheets, graphs, presentations and project schedules
- International logistics experience will be an absolute plus
Other informationHeb je interesse en wil je meer weten over deze functie, reageer dan door op solliciteer te klikken en contact op te nemen met Joost Spape