SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Belgium. The company is one of the largest players within the Food Ingredients with multiple plants world-wide. The company has been growing fast over the last years and is currently looking for a very talented Director SHE EMEA who can support the plants in Europe in growing and development. + 10. 000 SKU's (products), more than 8. 000 employees in more than 28 countries, around 5 billion turnover.
Role description(Special high level role) 120-145k gross a year (!) Salary package includes a car, etc.
It is a new position. Looking for a experienced talented EHS Director EMEA. The first mission will be to design the system and make it alive and happening on the Gemba. The goal is to create a safety culture with 0 accidents, quality accidents and delays.
Working together with the operational sites and related departments to coordinate business continuity planning to reduce impact on operations when disasters occur. You need a drive to deliver, compliance focus, right mix between architect of a system and a ''walk the talk'' approach.
Also you need a internal and external customer focus, effective communicator, navigating through different audiences and Change Management as a key driver.
Responsibilities- Building a safety system inside the European organization
- Ensure that plants are complying with European and local regulation in SHE
- Leading and giving guidelines to local EHS Managers (20 employees part time or full time dedicated to EHS
- Improving safety empowerment and commitment on shop floor as part of Continuous Improvement sharing safety leadership, considering safety in the key for quality assets
- Develop training with HR regarding Safety
- Investigate and support actions for major EHS accidents
Requirements- Graduate in EHS or Safety Management or DuPoint program expertise or OSHA certification
- +7 years experience in implementing HSE programs in a European context at a local level on the gemba and at a functional leadership level
- Fluent in english
- Talent A lot of it! :-)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, enthusiastic, eager to learn, self reflection