SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Chemicals organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium. Is a leading and innovative supplier of resins, dispersions and pine chemicals to a wide variety of industries and applications.
Role descriptionThe Procurement Manager leads and implements the procurement initiatives for EMEA and also supports the Global Strategic Sourcing initiatives as agreed. This position reports directly to the Global Director of Supply Chain and Procurement.
Responsibilities• Lead and manage regional procurement function to include supplier relationships, purchasing policies, contract administration and long term procurement planning.
• Implement and recommend procurement strategy for top raw materials and ensure execution of strategy in a manner delivering advantaged cost/availability position within our markets
• Manage all indirect procurement including packaging, utilities, and supplies
• Implement and drive metrics that describe Lawter’s procurement advantage/disadvantage versus the market for key raw materials.
• Work with Supply Chain, Commercial and Marketing functions to support outsource, purchase for resale, or toll production as needed.
• Implement tactics to increase and drive productivity and maintain metrics on cost savings, supplier performance.
• Provide Monthly reports on key raw materials, including current and forecasted pricing
• Participate in monthly rosin sourcing meetings; provide regular commodity updates and source related information to business as well as procurement team.
• Implement a regional procurement process that effectively uses Lawter’s chosen ERP system (SAP), provides for segregation of duties, complies with SOX and JSOX (or other regional financial requirements, and provides for appropriate documentation and restrictions.
• Liaise and interface with legal organization as necessary to ensure all vendor documentation fully complies with the legal requirements and are financially sound from both an economic and risk standpoint.
• Liaise and interface with the Regulatory and Compliance Department to ensure REACH compliance as well as compliance with other needed Industry regulations and mandates.
• Understand and favorably affect Accounts Payable on a regional basis. Ensure optimum payment terms exist with our suppliers to properly reach equilibrium between cash requirements and need to maintain responsible and professional supplier relationships.
• Responsible for tactical issues with suppliers including supply allocation, supply shortages, freight/delivery issues and accounts payable issues.
• Purchasing of raw material and indirect goods.
• Ensure timely purchase info record maintenance.
• With the support of Supply Chain, logistic arrangements for the incoming raw materials. .
• Liaise with R&D organization to prioritize evaluations of alternative raw materials or raw material sources based on value generation. Successfully prioritize actions in line with business opportunities and strategy. Ensure the profitability of each opportunity is clearly identified and understood.
• Build and maintain a global supplier information data base including up-to-date capacity information, capacity utilization, cost/profit estimates, and competitive strengths/weaknesses.
• Understand and interface with appropriate parts of the Value Chain and suppliers to improve market understanding of key drivers and improve financial performance. Interface with Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technology, Finance, IT and Suppliers as necessary to reach both short and long term goals.
• Establish and maintain relationships with market relative to pricing and market trends.
• Participate in S&OP Process with cross-functional team
• Participate on regional EMEA Business Team
• Active member of Global Procurement Team representing EMEA
• Support Global Sourcing initiatives
• Supervise up to 2 FTE’s
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree. A major in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Business is preferable though not essential.
• > 8 years relevant experience in Procurement. Experience in the Chemical Industry is preferable.
• Microsoft Office with strong Word, Excel and Power Point skills
• Experience with ERP systems is essential.
• The ability to communicate effectively in English (read, write and speak) is required in order to interact with multiple levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate in Dutch is desired.
• Ability to negotiate high value contracts.
• Ability to understand the upstream raw material value stream.
• Must be capable of thinking through complex issues analytically.
• Capable of reducing business situations to clear and focused action plans.
• Is energetic and decisive in driving ideas and activities forward
Other Skills and Abilities:
• This person must be ambitious, energetic, diligent, tenacious, and self-motivated.
• Possess a strong technical aptitude.
• Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must be detail orientated.
• Must be process orientated
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to a wide-range of internal customers
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to interact across all disciplines and at all levels from Shop floor to Sr. Executives.
• Ability to work within Global Procurement Team as well as cross-functionally
• Has an ability to develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with key figures, building long term partnerships
Other informationWorking Conditions or Restrictions:
• Office environment in a busy urban location.
• Up to 20% travel to suppliers, customers, productions sites is estimated
• General office working environment with travel required to global offices, manufacturing sites, and laboratories, to address staff, conduct work for the business, to attend business meetings, etc.