The companyOur client is a professional Food and Finance organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. Our client is a professional organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. Our client is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations.
They are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. They have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes them fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for their products - from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
They take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. They take their consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of their new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Role descriptionSupply Chain Finance Projects manager’s responsibility is to develop and oversee a variety of projects in supply chain area. This role has the responsibility of providing financial support in decision making and execution of the various cost improvement projects to improve the value
There are 17 factories, over 50 logistics operations globally. There is a significant opportunity to improve supply chain cost. Supply Chain Finance Projects manager’s responsibility is to work with supply chain teams, advisors, finance functions to identify the opportunities, work in business cases, identify capital investment requirements and follow-up the actions for implementation.
Responsibilities• Supply Chain (“SC”) Finance Projects Manager will closely work with SC Leadership team to define the supply chain strategy and identify cost reduction and improvement projects
• SC Finance Projects Manager prepares cost-benefit analyses while identifying areas where cash flow and cost can be improved.
• Budgeting and financial management of the projects is under the responsibility of the manager working with the stakeholders involved in the project.
• Identification of risks and opportunities for the projects are expected
• Partnering SC teams, challenging assumptions, questioning the inputs and putting a financial view is also part of the responsibility of this role
• SC Finance Projects Manager balances big-picture business goals with day-to-day management of cash flow and cost reduction initiatives.
• SC Finance Project Manager guids and challenges the delivery of the projects
• This role will work with cross-functional teams and should have the ability to coordinate across departments and motivate staff members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines.
• SC Finance Project Manager will be responsible for communicating business cases which will include cost reduction opportunities, investment requirements, one-off costs or benefits, risk and opportunities. Findings and updates to be shared with the stakeholders, team members and departments.
Requirements• Degree in accounting, finance or equivalent;
• Over 7 years of experience in financial, operational and business partnering roles
• Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure
• Experience of working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment desirable
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders
• Flexible and open minded, quick to adapt to changing requirements
• Strong communication and report writing skills - Fluent spoken and written English is required
• Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines
• Strong analytical bias and Microsoft Excel skills
• PowerPoint capability
Other informationWe are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Jeroen Geesink.