SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Brussel Belgium. The company is a large confectionary manufacturer with a portfolio of well-known products and brands.
Role descriptionAs QA Specifications Expert, you will update and maintain the Raw Materials & Ingredients Database for all products of the company. You will contact suppliers and obtain QA and nutritional spec documents and review these against the company's QA standards. This is a temporary assignment for 6 months.
Responsibilities- Contact suppliers to obtain product specs and nutritional info.
- Liaise with external labs for nutrient analyses.
- Update, maintain and clean up the Raw Materials & Ingredients Database to make it more user-friendly.
- Participate in QA and RA projects that use product specs.
- Analyse scientific data.
Requirements- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Bio-Engineering, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology, or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience with specifications management and/or supplier management.
- Strong knowledge of ingredients and their nutritional and food safety issues.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Dutch, French and/or German is an asset.