The companyOur client is a professional organisation, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. One of the biggest food companies in the world.
Role descriptionIt is a dynamic position with global reach, meaning potential for interaction with many countries around the world. The Medical function is growing and evolving and is increasingly in the spotlight as the recognition of the need to "medicalise" the Medical Nutrition business increases. The global MAM will be expected to work on a range of projects related to oral nutritional supplements and tube feeding with a reasonable degree of autonomy within the team framework. There is an opportunity to contribute to shaping the medical strategy and mandate, but the majority of projects will be operational, for example reviewing, summarising and synthesising published evidence for dissemination to country business units, input into product development, creating medical rationales and Q&A/objection handling, reviewing clinical study proposals and manuscripts, supporting activities at conferences, mapping of and interactions with key opinion leaders, contributing to the design and hosting of Advisory Boards and roundtables, preparing educational materials, medical input into communication campaigns.
ResponsibilitiesAs Global Medical Affairs Manager you are responsible for projects that may include:
• Medical representation in the review/management of existing product portfolio
• Medical input into renovation and innovation projects related to oral nutritional supplements, tube feeding and services to ensure clinical relevance is aligned with the commercial needs. Medical input to supportive information/materials and value propositions.
• Develop or update medical rationales to substantiate product use
• Develop or update article 3 dossiers to substantiate FSMP status
• Review clinical study proposals and provide advice and recommendations to ensure medical relevance and fit with commercial needs
• Review, interpret, summarise and synthesise existing evidence into tools and messages that can be used by country business units
• KOL/stakeholder mapping and engagement, in close collaboration with colleagues in the countries, as well as R&I.
• Ensure the engagement of relevant stakeholders to drive the commercial and medical strategy forward globally and locally
• Ensure credible conference presence aligned with commercial and medical strategy followed by an appropriate feedback /reporting to the rest of the company
• Plan and execute advisory boards/round tables when necessary . Provide input into market research content
• Drive the development of educational materials for external and internal use
• Monitor and interpret trends and competitors’ activities
Requirements• A university degree (MSc or PhD a plus )
• Preferably a dietetic or nutritional background, or substantial knowledge of clinical dietetic practice
• Several years of relevant experience working in the health care, food or pharmaceutical industry
• An established track record of working in matrix organizations, cross functionally and dealing with complex situations.
• Excellent communicator both written and verbal
• Strong medical writing skills
• Translate science into practical (nutritional/clinical) messages/implementation, and influence research/science to be commercially and clinically relevant
• A proven, results driven track record in building strong collaboration with all levels in the organization
• A strong networker in the market and know how to develop and maintain long term relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
• Strong presenter with proven track record in presenting complex information
• A self-starter with high levels of motivation and disciplined ways of working
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Vincent van Straten.