SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Agriculture organization, based in Zeeland Netherlands. This client is the market-leader in the breeding of grass types. Because of their positive growth and internal promotion, they're looking for a new addition to their team. This is the chance to make the step from assistant breeder to breeder!
Role descriptionTo strengthen their international position, the client invests continuously in the development of new varieties and applications of their grass, clover, alfalfa products in the market. Through these innovations and with a strong focus on quality and reliability, they add true value to the forage/turf business of their customers. Now you can contribute to this! You collaborate with a team of experienced assistant breeders and fieldworkers and you report to the Head of Forage Research Europe, also located in Noord Brabant. You collaborate with a network of breeders and research teams in Europe (breeding, trials, R&D) and interact closely with other departments (Commerce, Production). Teamwork and patience is key!
Responsibilities• You are responsible for the creation of new competitive Perennial ryegrass varieties for the forage segment in Europe.
• You set up and execute a long term breeding program
• You set up and participate in projects aiming at improving the efficiency of the breeding process
• You take part in meetings with colleagues both domestic and abroad as well as external relations, regarding all matters of your profession
Requirements• Master’s degree in plant breeding
• professional experience as a breeder, pre-breeder or assistant breeder
• motivated by both outdoor activities (observations) and indoor activities
• proactive, innovative and creative mind.
• good communication skills, able to cooperate with a diversity of profiles.
• team player with hands-on mentality
• international orientation, proficient in English
Other informationSo why should you be excited to meet this client? Not only are they internationally successful, but they also offer a competitive package and more importantly, a place in a loyal, dedicated team of colleagues! Last summer, colleagues celebrated their 30th anniversaries with the company and you too could have a fulfilling career at their historical location.