SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional FMCG and Food organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium. This client is a confectionary giant. They have an international character and reputation, with factories spread out across the entire globe. To remain at the forefront of the industry, they are looking for an Innovation Manager.
Role descriptionThis role is new and innovative in the way it combines traditional sales and marketing tasks with a scientific, R&D background. Your main responsibility will be driving forward innovation, by keeping tabs on the market. What does the consumer want? What is the competition doing? How can you optimize the own product range to comply to the first and beat the latter? You answer these questions and translate them into R&D projects. Through your communicative personality, you can sell these ideas internally and lead your team.
Responsibilities• Coming up with new ideas, trends and developments on an international scale
• 70% of the job is following the market and anticipating changes
• 30% is implementing these changes through practical product design
• NPD for growth depends on you
• Reading market research and drawing conclusions
• Maintaining a bird's eye view on multiple projects
• Communication with Sales, R&D and Production departments
• You develop long-term strategies
Requirements• Master of Science in Food Technology, Chemistry or similar
• 8 to 10 years of Food/FMCG experience
• Commercial drive, strong experience with marketing/sales
• English and Dutch are a must, French is a plus
• Creative, independent, precise and communicative personality