The companyOur client is a professional Food organisation, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. A world leading company on Water, Hygiene and Energy solutions. They work to improve and create a more responsible and sustainable future. This to save and create sustainable energy and clean water. They work within the food, healthcare, energy and hospitality sector.
Role descriptionThe Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) team performs various duties in several SHE disciplines to secure compliance with the organization’s occupational health and safety targets and with national and EU regulatory requirements. Since most of our associates work in the field, the normal workplace for this group is considered to be on the road or at a customer site. This is a particular challenge and requires a high degree of experience in a commercial setting.
The SHE Specialist, working from Leiden the Netherlands, oversees and supports the deployment and maintenance of leading activities, reporting systems and procedural guidance as deemed necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of our associates. With the primary objective to create and promote a strong SHE culture within the local organization, they monitor physical, chemical and biological hazards in the work areas and recommend and implement preventative measures. They investigate accidents, injuries and spills and qualify observations concerning hazards or inappropriate conditions in the work place. They recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, and assist in developing / delivering employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs. The SHE Specialist reports to the geographic SH&E Manager and may have an operational reporting line to a Country Manager.
Responsibilities• Provides subject matter expertise and support to the local associates and management teams to ensure a high level of SHE engagement
• Supports the SH&E program deployment within the Country in accordance with the overall company strategy and local regulatory requirements. Programs will include but are not limited to:
o Driver Safety
o Personal and Workplace Safety (Risk Assessments)
o Corporate Management and Reporting Systems (Intelex)
o Auditing and Compliance activities also at Customer sites (ECAP’s)
• Ensures reporting discipline within the local organization for the global systems such as Intelex, ECAP Audits, etc. and the appropriate level of incident investigation. Monitors and consolidates the data to communicate SH&E performance and progress against targets.
• Supports the procedural alignment with company SH&E policies
• Ensures that any market-specific requirements (regulatory or industry-related) are captured, monitored and supported. (e.g., workplace risks assessments, specific safety certifications such as MASE or VCA…)
• Ensures mandatory trainings, as required by the company and/or local regulations, are appropriately organized, completed and documented. This may be through internal Learning Management Systems, classroom training or external providers depending on requirements
Requirements• A degree in occupational safety or a technical / chemical Engineering degree coupled with Occupational HSE European recognized certification
• 5 to 7 years of experience and/or exposure in field of business.
• Experience in a larger organization within the Petrochemical, Chemical, Food & Beverage or Water Treatment industry would be an advantage.
• Are able to work under limited supervision and can demonstrate leadership potential and coaching, training and mentoring skills.
• Ability to work in a matrix and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results through others.
• Previous experience or exposure to project and change management.
• Experience in certified management systems.
• Fluent in English (additional language, preferably French, would be a plus)
• Willingness and ability to travel locally and in a limited European scope
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Mozes van Toledo.