SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. The company is driven by a powerful purpose: to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives. They work closely with the scientific community to develop evidence-based Foods for Special Medical Purposes that deliver positive and proven differences to the health of patients of all ages.
Role description• Ensure that nutrition is integrated in healthcare as part of disease therapy
• Deliver a paediatric nutrition range that supports infants and children affected by metabolic disorders, faltering growth or allergy
• Deliver an adult nutrition range that supports those who are undergoing medical treatment, whether hospitalized or recovering.
• Works closely with the Nutritional Science team as a resident expert in Nutritional Science.
• Works closely with Regulatory to ensure new products and claims are compliant with regulations for dietary supplement products.
• Works with Marketing to understand project scope, needs, timelines and deliverables.
• Conducts literature searches for claims and scientific substantiation.
• Analyses literature findings and creates medical POV and rationale for use in claims and ingredient substantiation.
• Collaborates with legal to discuss medical POV’s to support specific claims and benefits.
• Reviews scientific journals, clinical evidence to keep abreast of trends in nutritional science.
• Prepares Medical Safety and Efficacy statements to support Nutritional products for product manual.
• Build relationships with key opinion leaders, while working with emerging scientific discoveries to keep the company ahead of the most recently published literature in various categories.
• Collaborates with outside experts/KOL’s as needed for claim substantiation.
Requirements• BS with 6 + years, MS with 4 + years, or PharmD, PhD, MD with postdoctoral or 2 years of proven experience in clinical research or medical affairs.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels.
• Thorough knowledge of scientific/medical information, thought leader development, clinical knowledge.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to network, are necessary to present critical medical and scientific information to internal departments, and to positively interact with external customers, medical thought leaders, and academic communities.