SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Agriculture, Biotechnology and Food organization, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. A big multinational, i would love to tell you more about this challenging organisation.
Role descriptionThe Inventory Planner is responsible for management and control of inventory for one or more sites, and in line with the targets set. The Inventory Planner decides what to have in inventory, how much to have in inventory and when to re-order (this includes re-ordering of the defined inventory portfolio per place). The Inventory Planner is the specialist in inventory planning and management with predictable availability and minimum excess stock as his/her main objectives.
Responsibilities- Review historical demand trends to develop a demand forecast at item level
- Issue and follow up purchase orders in accordance with the demand forecasted
- Maintaining master data in the inventory management system
- Manage Product Life Cycle including phase in and out activities
- Communicate closely with supply chain organisation to optimise inventories
- Interact with key stakeholders to develop a consensus for use in demand forecast
- Manage and reduce excess inventories
- Ad-hoc Projects
Requirements- Diploma / Degree in Business / Logistics Management or relevant field
- At least 1 year of Inventory Management / Operations Management/ Supply Chain or relevant experiences
- Good knowledge of computer programmes attached tot Inventory Management (i.e. ERP systems, Inventory Planning solutions and MS Excel)
- A good knowledge of English language is necessary. Dutch is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and a clear understanding of Inventory, warehouse and business concepts.
- Comfortable performing analytics with large data sets.
- Ability to deal with complex, short-time frame solutions.
- Good communication skills.
Other informationWe offer a fulltime position in an interesting and challenging environment, where you have the opportunities to develop your own initiatives and to work independently within a team of committed colleagues.