SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional FMCG and Food organization, based in Brussel Belgium. The organisation has a leading position as external advisor or operations assistant in quality, agri-food and agro-industrial sectors. The are a multidisciplinary partner in efficiency improvement within organisations (management consulting). The company is active in counselling, training, auditing, operational assistance and research.
Role descriptionAre you a coaching manager who likes process improvements and do you have a passion for food / retail (quality)? Please read on.
We are looking for a manager for the retail department, this department supports retailers with various quality and food safety activities. Think of all the information that a consumer should be able to read on a product. You will manage 15 consultants and report to the Group's Managing Director.
Responsibilities- Managing, coaching and developing a team of 15 consultants at a professional and personal level.
- Managing day-to-day customer relations, your main contacts are quality managers from both the retailer and its suppliers. Important in your position is that you understand these worlds.
- Tracking the billing process of the department, monitoring the budgets and reporting to customers and management. One of your challenges is to improve this process.
- Part of your job is negotiating with customers about certain services.
Requirements- Bachelor or Master’s (bio-engineering or equivalent)
- Verifiable experience in team management
- Experience in managing and optimisation of outsourcing processes
- An experience in the food or retail industry is a plus,
- Affinity with food and food safety/ quality is a plus
- Experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical or bio industry could also be of added value.
- Languages, preferable a good knowledge of Dutch/ English and French.
- A good sense of responsibility and an aptitude for making decisions
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- A proven people manager
- Sense of initiative, autonomy, adaptability and good at self-teaching
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good at managing stress
Other information- The company is dynamic and promotes teamwork in a friendly atmosphere aimed at satisfying customers. It has been organised according to an ISO 9001-certified system since 1999.
- An attractive salary and remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- The opportunity to join a dynamic team in an international environment.
- A varied position which gives you responsibilities, contacts, autonomy, challenges, etc.