The companyOur client is a professional organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. A leading health technology company focused on improving people's lives through education, engagement, and empowerment they make it possible to help those affected by the disease live a fulfilling life. Innovation, a systematic approach and a path to value is how they distinguish themselves. An organisation with an international character and a lot of opportunities to develop yourself and grow.
Role descriptionDo you want to support the company businesses globally with your excellent PCBA engineering skills and insights and be the expert that successfully drives design assessments and audits? The company challenges you to use your PCBA engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products. As a PCBA Technology Expert you apply your expertise and the latest technologies to define & drive company-wide PCBA technologies that can realize major quality improvements and significant cost savings.
ResponsibilitiesYour key focus in this position is on PCBA technology, design assessments and structural improvements, in global cooperation with the company businesses and Contract Manufacturers.
• Play an instrumental role in defining End-to-End (E2E) PCBA technology management and actively support the company businesses globally;
• Development and application (processes and systems) of PCBA design assessments (in cooperation with the global company businesses and the Contract Manufacturers). Interface to board suppliers, EMS and ODM;
• Be a reference on PCBA competence and in the technical area which typically bridges Innovation and Industrialization;
• Create a long term vision and strategy to optimize the PCBA technologies and services provided to the businesses;
• Scout and develop new process materials and guidance in application and release (including deployment);
• Actively develop and support structural improvements of PCBA design-methods and way-of-working;
• Establish a network with relevant stakeholders and actively participate in expert networks externally in own professional field;
• Acquire new assignments through contacts with internal and external customers;
• Manage PCBA technology design rules (in cooperation with the company businesses and Contract Manufacturers);
• Lifecycle management of Design Rules guidelines (definition, documentation, deployment, training);
• Advise the company management on technical and regulation related PCBA issues;
• Define PCBA services in alignment with the company businesses and corporate programs to support E2E component management;
• Provide technical support to your team on PCBA technologies;
• Contribute to and/or make relevant technological choices during the different stages of a project. Is technically responsible for securing the progress of a project in all its metrics and deliverables and for controlling risks; gives direction to colleagues also from other areas of expertise and provides guidance towards the different stages of a project;
• Draw up personal schedule and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way and is responsible for keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget;
• Apply and contribute to the quality system of the organization, avoid non-conformities and participate in improvement teams/actions;
• Maintain good communication and alignment with internal customers, contract manufacturers and PINS internally.
Requirements• BSc/MSc degree in Chemical Engineering or other relevant area of expertise;
• Certified Green-Belt in Six Sigma and Lean Management;
• At least 10 years hands-on experience in PCBA technologies for Health applications;
• Knowledge of electronic component package types and standards (RoHS, REACH, IPC, etc.) and footprint definitions in CAD-E libraries;
• Experience in application, maintenance and enhancement of design rules;
• Hands-on experience in Design Reviews, including PCB/PCBA processes and reporting;
• Extensive experience in working at/with Contract Manufacturers (EMS) regarding their PCB and PCBA technology processes;
• Experience with tools like Valor and/or Cam350;
• Experience with MS Office and comparable tools;
• Strategic and analytical skills/ conceptual thinker and process oriented: ability to see and develop the bigger picture (strategy);
• Strong influencing-, convincing-, and communications skills, a bridge builder;
• Ability to transform data into improvement actions and KPIs;
• Fluent in English, verbal and written;
• Pro-active, can-do attitude, team player;
• Decisive and entrepreneurial attitude;
• Willing to travel (up to 25%).
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact MSP IT.