SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium. This client is a Confectionary giant with production plants all around the world. As they have holdings both inside and outside of Europe, it's important to be able to cooperate with international teams. They offer a challenging role on the crossroads between marketing and product development.
Role descriptionThis position is new and innovative, in the way it allows for a R&D professional to expand their horizons by moving toward the marketing side. As Product Developer & Marketer, you drive the innovation in confectionary products. For this, you know how to read markets and you have enough product knowledge in sugar to make the impossible possible! Creativity and insight in products and markets is key. You will be following all developments and implementing them in the own confectionary range.
Responsibilities• Following market trends
• Translating then to new product development
• Overseeing product category growth
• Reading market research
• Keeping Sales, Production and R&D updated
• Developing the product marketing strategy
Requirements• MSc or Phd in Food Technology, Biochemistry or similar
• Minimum of 6 years experience in Food, preferably in product development and marketing
• Experience in an international, multidisciplinary environment
• Commercial feeling and drive is key
• Fluent Dutch (it's a Dutch-speaking working environment), English and preferably French
• Creative personality, problem-solver, independent and good at presenting results