SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Medical Devices and Healthcare organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. Your team works according to the Agile methodology, applying the principles of Scrum. You will work on highly innovative propositions so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself.
Role descriptionAre you ready to embrace the challenge to work together in a multidisciplinary team to define, design, realize, and verify complex electronic circuits and systems that are part of connected solutions, encompassing the cloud, portable devices, and all devices in-between the major components of a system?
ResponsibilitiesAs Senior Electronics Designer Connectivity you are responsible for:
• Supporting the system designer or architect in the definition of scope and problem domain, the translation of customer wishes into clear requirements, and the translation of applicable standards and regulations to their technical impact
• Design, realization and verification of a system, subsystem or component, understanding and communicating consequences of the design on the architecture
• Working with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs
• Supporting the system designer or architect in the identification of technical risks and potential mitigations
• Development on basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications, and analysis and verification of their performance
• Finalizing design specifications, schematics, drawings, code, and writing test scenarios for the developed modules or components
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware, software, and/or mechanics
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way, while keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader
Requirements• A Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics or Electronic Engineering
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in Electronics or Electrical product development
• Experience in innovative development projects, comfortable with the funnel from relatively vague requirements to a well-defined project with committed stakeholders
• Experience with implementation and verification of Cellular IoT Connectivity standards (4G/5G, LTE CAT M1, NB-IoT, LoRa, …), their complex eco-systems, their application domains, and their key components in a consumer/professional product environment, encompassing hardware (including the radio part) and (low level) firmware (i.e. emphasis on layers 1-2 of the OSI model)
• Knowledge of quality & regulatory standards that apply to Connectivity (FCC, ETSI, …), development of electronic systems in general, and/or the Healthcare domain
• Experience with risk management and problem solving tools and methods
• Experience with C or C++ to work with the embedded Connectivity firmware, and/or with Python to work with PC-based test tooling is a plus
• Proven track record of applying a structured and precise way of working
• Excellent communication skills, and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic attitude
• Experience in an Agile way of working
• Experience with working in multidisciplinary and multi-site development teams
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Rowin van der Zwaan.