The companyOur client is a professional Information Technology organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within the company, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
Role descriptionDo you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving the company’s ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across the whole company, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn the company into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
ResponsibilitiesWithin the Application Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and motivated (Senior) Software Designer who will work together with the existing team in developing Embedded Linux application software.
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
• The design, realization, integration, and test of your Embedded Linux system or subsystems
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
• Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and future-oriented studies
• Providing technical guidance to the more junior staff members
Requirements• You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
• Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
• Profound experience with C++ programming language
• Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
• Profound experience with Embedded Linux
• You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
Other informationDo you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? Are you curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment? Do you have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements?
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Mellissa Pan.