The companyOur client is a professional Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. Our client is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. They provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator. They encourage their team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
Our client is seeking a Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer) with experience in the operations, management, design, relocation, upgrade, and decommissioning of business-critical data centers and all related supporting technologies. This position will be located in Breda in the Netherlands.
Role descriptionAs a Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer) you will lead the day to day operations and incident response activities for the Datacenter, EU regional computer rooms and EU Voice Data Equipment Rooms. You will participate or lead in the design, development, and implementation of data center projects (relocation. expansion, upgrade, mergers etc.). Also do you need to create and maintain performance metrics for the team and provide direction to internal and external consultants. Also do you nee to develop, maintain, and update DCOps standards and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities as a Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer) are:
- Travel to other EU sites for project review, design studies, facility audits, building commissioning as required
- Review and update data center "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur
- Create both high-level and detailed space, rack and cabling design diagrams and facilitate design reviews
- Work with IS teams to understand server and network hardware requirements with respect to power density, rack positioning, cabling, cooling, airflow containment and environmental consideration
- Help manage relationships with datacenter vendors and systems integrators
- Oversee the delivery of supporting MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) services to all Amgen data centers and perform detailed power utilization calculations and optimizations
- Represent DCOps team for merger and acquisitions and lead assessment, integration, and standardization to Amgen documents
- Create documentation for the Data Center Operations knowledge base
- Review and Approve operational procedures (Mechanical and Electrical) from the vendors and notify internal stakeholders of upcoming activities with potential impacts.
RequirementsTo be successful in this job you need...
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in operations and maintenance data centers.
- Ideal candidate has this experience as part of a dedicated data center team not a shared responsibility model
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution, UPS, PDU, and Mechanical systems and data systems
- Strong cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to provide solutions to complex projects under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Familiar with Visio software and DCIM tools
- Knowledge in data center practices (i.e. fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Working knowledge with server/network hardware
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Understanding of Electrical Power distribution and operation
- Understanding of best practices related to the design, implementation, and operation of various data center fire suppression technologies
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and established track record of success
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Diana Prieto Reyes.