The companyOur client is a professional Healthcare organisation, based in Netherlands. Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within the company, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
Role descriptionWe offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving the company’s ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across the company, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn the company into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
ResponsibilitiesWithin the Application Software group as part of the Electronics Systems & IoT Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Designer who will work together with the existing team in developing the Embedded Linux application software for one of our future products.
As a Senior Embedded Linux Software Designer you are responsible for:
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
• The design, realization, integration, and test of the Embedded Linux system
• Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
• Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
Requirements• You have a Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• More than 10 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
• Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum and eXtreme Programming (especially test driven development/mocking and continuous build & integration)
• Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
• Strong technical skills in software development on an Embedded Linux platform.
• Experience with C++ programming language
• Experience with ReactJS, Angular 2 (or higher), or NodeJS programming language is preferable
• Experience with Amazon Web Services framework is preferable
• You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
Other informationAre you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Mellissa Pan.