SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Agriculture and Chemicals organization, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. An innovative and international organisation specialized in production with bulk material coming from mines. They have a production site and a shared service center at a very nice office building in Amsterdam where you are based. I would love to tell you more.
Role descriptionThe organisation is looking for a demand & production planner who has the skills and knowledge to improve the current production processes.
Provides long and short -term schedules for materials and product planning operations to meet agreed-on shipping requirements. Acting as backup for Shipping coordinator. Key stakeholder of the production planning process within the organisation's optimization project.
Have responsibility of the making and coordination of an optimal Europe wide production- and delivery planning tailored to demand and available storage in order to contribute to the realization of the Business Unit’s objectives. With these, realize and maintain the necessary reports to support supply chain management. Maintenance of commercial cost pricing for the full product portfolio. The interesting part about this dynamic planning process is that a lot of variables can influence the the process.
Responsibilities• Create and maintain a long term production planning horizon based on the demand retrieved through demand planning reports, open sales orders, depot replenishment requests, sales forecast and sales history;
• Create, maintain and share with internal stakeholder’s a short term production planning for the production sites indicating the grade to produce, the quantity, the storage location and destination;
• Create and maintain the prospective consumption of the raw materials and share with the internal stakeholder’s to ensure a timely supply of the raw materials and the building blocks to the production sites and depots;
• Maintain daily contact with the internal stakeholder’s about the status of the production planning, the availability of storage space, the distribution of the finished products, replenishment of the depots;
• Maintain administrative handlings in SAP pertaining but not limited to production, consumption of raw materials, inventory management finished products and raw materials, material movements, purchase orders, intercompany sales orders, adjustment of info records of raw material prices;
• Monthly reporting of production of finish products, consumption of raw materials, receipt of raw materials;
• Support Marketing & Sales team in calculating commercial cost price of finished products;
• Support Supply Chain Manager in planning by delivering relevant data and reports; support in purchasing of third party raw materials;
• Acting as Key-User in SAP for creation and maintenance of (new) materials, bill of materials and routings;
• Participate in daily Production planning meeting.
• Bachelor Logistics / Supply Chain;
• Detailed knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP)concepts;
• Global knowledge about financial impact, credit limits, adm. organisation, costs;
• Detailed knowledge of SAP modules SD, MM and IM.
• Detailed knowledge of Excel
• Fluent in English language, German and/or is a plus;
• Previous working experience within commodity bulk industry is a plus;
• Accurate, analytical and structured way of working is required;
• Pro-active problem solving attitude, finding solutions. Task prioritizing;
• Problem solver, open for daily changes in orders, circumstances;