SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Chemicals and FMCG organization, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands. Our customer is a well-known player in the cosmetics industry. The beautiful head office, and your workplace, is located in the heart of Amsterdam. The people who work there are proud to be part of this successful organisation.
Role descriptionSmart buying of a wide range of packaging and raw cosmetics products, following the sourcing principles: continuously secure product innovation & supplier performance at the most optimal commercial conditions by building and maintaining long term relationships with suppliers. In this independent position you are actively responsible for the procurement of 30% of the organisations product portfolio. Responsible for the operational buying of (a part of) the products including supportive tasks.
The Buyer/ Inkoper:
- Reports to Category Buyer
- Is part of sourcing team
- Liaising with Innovation, Supply Chain and Quality & Regulatory teams;
- Being a sparring partner for Product Managers innovation, Planners Supply Chain and Quality & Regulatory Specialists
- External relationships with Suppliers
ResponsibilitiesOperational buying of a wide range of packaging and raw cosmetics products of the right quality, in time and at the most optimal commercial conditions to meet operational excellence and facilitate the growth of the organisation now and in the future.
Assisting the Category Buyer in:
- Preparing sourcing business cases (fact-based) by analysis; scanning market & preparation and execution of RFQ’s (Requests For Quotation)
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating supplier performance
- Maintaining the sourcing database up to date (STEP, BOX supplier database etc.)
- Executing cost saving initiatives
Requirements- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and stakeholders; team player
- Representative, organised and self-motivated
- A good nose for the deal, proactive, accurate, persuasiveness and tenacity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch / English, German is preferable
- Higher professional or university level (HBO/WO), in the direction of purchasing, business administration, small business & retail management or a higher technical degree.
- Minimum 1-5 years experience in a purchasing role.
- Experience in the cosmetics, packaging or related industries / private label manufacturing is preferable.