SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional FMCG and Food organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium. This client is a leading food company in the B2B sector. Specializing in the production of chocolates and sweets, they combine the best of the Belgian tradition with ground-breaking innovation. To continue growing and defend their current position, the client is looking for an Account Manager who balances Sales and Marketing and develops new business.
Role descriptionThis challenging role allows you to bring value to a large player in the sweets industry. You’re responsible for negotiations with A brand clients and thus need a solid market knowledge, experience with sales and a positive outlook. In close cooperation with the rest of the team, you will keep an eye on new development, grow the business and meet purchasers. Marketing experience is crucial here, as you represent the brands and get your foot in the door. You report to the Commercial Director and cooperate closely with Business Unit Managers, so good communication is key. Within the role, there is room for personal development and the size of the company allows you to truly set your own course.
Responsibilities• You develop new business with A-brands and B-brands
• You do this by communicating clearly, calmly and patiently
• You manage existing key accounts
• You communicate results with colleagues from different departments - experience with this is necessary
• You follow and recognize market trends and incorporate them into your work
• You’re willing to push for sales, energetic and active. There is plenty of freedom in developing the course
• Travel takes up more than half the weekly time, mostly on the European continent
Requirements• University level education, preferably in Commerce
• Minimum of 7-10 years work experience in sales, either Food or FMCG
• Experience in market analysis, strong negotiation skills and people management skills
• Marketing experience within the food industry or concise examples of marketing expertise
• Native or fluent French. Excellent English. Dutch, German and Spanish are strong pluses
• You live in Northern Belgium, as 2-3 days per week are spent working there