SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Food organization, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. You wil be an integral part of a team which optimizes the flow of materials, while considering the plants warehouse capacity and inventory targets in order to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage and storage costs.
Role descriptionThe Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) Senior Planner/Buyer will ultimately be responsible for co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials and components. Execute the development, maintenance, communication and publication of the Materials Requirements Plans (MRP) to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met. Maintain Raw Materials and Components inventories within our goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials. Contribute to the global balancing of Materials and Components within Global Planning, ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost. Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements.
Responsibilities• Liaises with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
• Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and on-time delivery in line with MPS.
• Communicate where required into the Supply Review Meetings (SRM) and Short Term Exception Management (STEM) processes at both Site and Platform Level.
• In partnership with Source, tracks and reports site / platform level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
• Interfaces with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding rejected / defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
• Executes potential deviations to the plan assessing with the suppliers the feasibility of the changes, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal stakeholders if the changes are not possible.
• Liaises with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
• Support the RCCP/ S&OP processes for material and component suppliers.
• Effectively partner with all internal and external business partners.
• Focuses and encourages continuous improvements (CI) of the process supported.
• Supports material and component Phase in and Phase Out processes.
• Connect with Supply Planning to ensure seamless flow of information and ensure a fully integrated approach to delivering key metrics – Customer Service, Inventory, and Cost.
• Develop and project-manage regional and global programs to deliver continuous improvement in KPI’s.
• Align with strategies and realization of departmental and company goals, advances succession planning by holding career conversations with material planning lead.
RequirementsQualifications & Education:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
• Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
• Lean Certification is desirable.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
• Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
• Experience in the Food industry preferable.
• Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
• Demonstrate the drive, eagerness and capabilities to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to leadership level
• Development of an efficient and effective Material planning supply chain management processes and systems.
• Engage with vendors in an ethical and compliant manner.
• Selection and integration of vendors to ensure a high level of supply chain management performance.
• Implementation of an efficient and effective Materials flow process.
• Customer focused ensuring that customer requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization.
• Results driven,
• Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement
• Ensure a clearly identifiable work ethos.
• Collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within the company
• Ensure department and personnel goals and objectives are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Perform at both a strategic and tactical levels within and across the organization.
• Ensure a high level of integrity and implementation of Credo-based actions.
Other informationThis position has a start date of January 1st 2018.