International Business Development Manager (DACH-region)
Listed by: Hemics
Hemics BV is a young medical device company in the rheumatology field that spun out of Philips in 2011 and is situated in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Hemics produces the HandScan, an optical imaging device that visualizes joint inflammation in the hands and wrists of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients for disease monitoring purposes. The method is safe (based on light), non-invasive, fast and objective, and has, after launch in 2015, been received with much interest by rheumatologists throughout Europe. The majority of installed devices and sales in the first years will be used in a clinical research setting.
Hemics BV is a young medical device company in the rheumatology field that spun out of Philips in 2011 and is situated in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Hemics produces the HandScan, an optical imaging device that visualizes joint inflammation in the hands and wrists of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients for disease monitoring purposes.
The International Business Development Manager drives new product sales in Europe with a focus on the German speaking part of Europe. He/she will work with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and early adopting rheumatologists to generate further interest in the HandScan and move them through the sales cycle. He/she will assist the rheumatologists where necessary with project proposals to secure funding for the device, through business cases for hospital capital equipment funds, government grants, innovation trajectories of health insurance companies and collaborations with pharmaceutical companies.
As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for identifying, qualifying, and closing device sales.
- Drive sales in Europe with a focus on the German speaking part of Europe (DACH region)
- Build relationships with KOLs, early adopters, pharmaceutical and health insurance companies
- Build relationships with hospital management and procurement departments
- Identify funding opportunities for rheumatologists
- Assist rheumatologists with project proposals for funding
- Assist with reimbursement trajectories in key countries
- Participate in European-wide and regional rheumatology tradeshow exhibitions
- Enthusiastic, commercially driven international business development professional, with an eye for finding opportunities. Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategies preferably experience in selling capital goods to hospitals. Proven success in new business sales is a plus
- Relevant product and medical/pharmaceutical industry knowledge and experience; having a network in rheumatology is a big plus
- Knowledge of clinical studies and clinical research
- Knowledge of grant applications
- Business, technical or medical related degree or equivalent
- Self-starter; excellent organizational skills
- Relationship builder and team player
- Excellent solution driven negotiator
- Enjoy working in a small team in an international and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English, and German
An exciting international sales role in a dynamic scale-up environment where you can really make a difference, both for the company and for joint disease care. Becoming part of an enthusiastic and skilled team of colleagues whose mission it is to improve the quality of life of patients with inflammatory joint diseases. An open non-hierarchical culture, flexible working conditions, and a competitive package.
Type: Full-time Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Commercial, Science Industries: Medical Devices, Health Care, Clinical Research
Location: Home based in DACH region with the ability to regularly visit the office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Mark van Bree at email@example.com, tel. +31 651 253 797.
Please email your application (CV and cover letter) to Petra van den Elsen at firstname.lastname@example.org