Assistant Seeds Production Director (F/M)
Listed by: Gautier Semences
A strong innovative strategy allowed it to create varieties that are today either leaders or references on the markets. Tomorrow, it aims at being a dynamic actor able to confront the new technological and social challenges facing the agro-food businesses.
With a continued growth for more than 60 years, Gautier Semences is specialized in varietal creation as well as highly qualified vegetable seeds producer, aimed at professional growers. The company operates internationally for the selection of seeds, their production and their commercialization.
Reporting to the Production Director and in order to warrant both the quantity and the quality of the company vegetable production, while respecting the production time table, you will be confronted to:
- Achieve the production program internally as well as at third parties, in France or abroad,
- Carry on the technical products over look and provide the necessary recommendations,
- Evaluate the quality of all production,
- Warrant the traceability of all production lots,
- Put in place simple means of regular information between all internal departments and issue regular reporting,
- Improve all production processes and recommend appropriate solutions while keeping in line with the company quality approaches.
With agronomic training and education, you have a mini 5 years’ experience in a similar position that has allowed you to develop your vegetable growth knowledge, ideally within the frame of seeds production. You have, as well, worked and utilized international exchange technics while showing a strong capacity for negotiations. Mastership in foreign languages (English and possibly Spanish) will be evaluated and your management competencies related to plants and growth techniques will be paramount for success in such a position. You are mastering most of the office tools (computers and programs) and you are particularly results efficient. You are showing methodology, you are rigorous and know how to set priorities.
- Position located in Eyragues, France (close to Avignon)
- Permanent employment contract