Packaging Engineer (Pharmaceuticals)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
This company discovers, develops and produces new innovative human therapeutics that improve the life expectancy of humanity.
The Packaging Engineer in Process Development will report to the Senior Manager Engineering at its Label and Packaging site in the Netherlands. The Packaging Engineer will join a team of 5 Packaging Engineers, responsible for the introduction and lifecycle management of commercial packaging for final drug product presentations.
You main responsibilities are designing, qualification and implementation of secondary packaging components and the configurations used for site operations and transportation packaging. You are working in a high-class pharmaceutical / GMP environment,
- Writing documents according to the Good Documentation Practices
- Coordinate or participate in multi-disciplinary projects related to packaging component changes or new packaging designs.
- Assist equipment engineers with the design, installation, and maintenance of packaging equipment as required.
- Create and revise packaging component specifications if required.
- Coordinate change of documentation according Change Control procedure.
- Provide accurate information for Bill of Material, Master Packaging Configuration and Transport packaging configuration to be used on site.
- Create technical reports such as User Requirements, Assessments and Protocols.
- Coordinate testing to be performed for packaging related studies impacting the site.
- Create, review and approve testing protocol and reports as required.
- Develop test material; coordinate test material order and inventory as required by studies.
- Assist and contribute to Site Acceptance Test and may assist in establishing Equipment validation Documentation.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 -5 years experience working in a Package Development or Engineering equivalent environment
- Experience in a pharmaceutical / GMP environment
- Fluent in English, both in oral and written communication
- Good (technical) written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Defines project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments
- Recognises and escalates problems in a timely manner
- Occasionally work outside office hours
- Preferred Requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of materials used in packaging
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing / Documentation Practices
- Familiarity with validation processes and protocols
- Understanding of equipment used in the packaging industry