Project Leader Medical Devices
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Medical Devices organization, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
This company is a versatile technology company focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovations
The Project Leader is given assignments by the (Senior) Project Manager or Functional leaders. They draw up a schedule on the basis of the proposals , seek project manpower in consultation with group management, and do the costing for the project budget. The Project Leaders are confronted with a continuous flow of disturbing events that they have to handle, leading to decisions with conflicting effects. They are responsible for completion of the project. If faced with setbacks, conflicts of priority, or the threat of overspending the budget, they devise solutions and submit them to management. A Project Leader determines project risks, defines corrective actions and tracks the project to closure.
- Formulates the overall project plan, in consultation with management and other parties
- Defines the risks of the project and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
- Specifies the resources to be used, the manning of the project and the anticipated costs.
- Specifies the quality standard in the processes to be used.
- Acts in line with departmental and project processes.
- Organises the project and arranges the management activities in terms of quality, time, money, information, and organisation.
- Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organisationally (where necessary, directs sub-Project Leaders).
- Reports on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training the project members when shortcomings are observed.
- Is responsible for implementation and realisation according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organisation.
- Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members.
- Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge.
- Looks after the management of the project results.
- Represents the project team in the overall project.
- Several years experience in directing (small) and/or LCM projects in relevant technological areas.
- Experience of analysis and design.
- Preferably, experience as Development Engineer. Necessary know how / skills
- University education in technical engineering of the relevant technology or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- Knowledge of project management methods, costs estimation techniques, etc..
- Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
- Specific knowledge of relevant area of application is desirable.
- Directing and motivating of project members; coaching skills required.
- Negotiating skills.
- Power of persuasion, able to convey enthusiasm, people manager.