Interim Quality Assurance Manager
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Flandre Orientale Belgium.
The company is a rapidly growing mid-sized company specialising in sauces, and have a broad product portfolio both in own brands and private label. The company exports to Western Europe and Africa is planning to expand its activities to Asia and the Middle East.
As QA Manager, you are responsible for product quality and food safety within the company. You will lead a team of 3 people and operate both strategically as well as operationally. Additionally you will be involved in R&D projects and CI projects. The company is in the process of professionalising its processes, including introducing a new ERP system, and you will be part of that, responsible for further developing a QA strategy.
This is a temporary assignment of approximately 6 months.
- Maintaining and further developing a high level of quality.
- Managing a department of 3 people.
- Participating in R&D projects and continuous improvement projects, performing RCA.
- Ensure that the level of quality is maintained in a growing organisation, anticipating possible problems with new products and/or markets.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Biosciences, Bio-Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, or similar.
- At least 8 years of experience with Quality Assurance in the food industry.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience is required.
- Experience with HACCP, BRC, IFS and GMP.
- Fluency in Dutch and English required, fluency in French is an asset.