Senior Engineer - Food
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands.
The company is a multi national in the food industry, which is growing extensively the last few years. Since their production is expanding they are looking for a Senior Engineer.
This is a multidisciplinairy senior level position providing engineering support for the E&A (electrical and automation) and MES (Manufacturing Execution System) systems. The engineer is required to provide aggressive leadership that comes with timely direction, guidance and interface between corporate and factory teams. Furthermore the engineer is responsible for the hardware and software process. Moreover he provides other duties as assigned.
The engineer provides cost estimates for project expenditures. Therefore departmental and project-operating budgets remain within the approved limits from upper management. Another core task of the Senior Engineer is contributing to the downtime process by assisting maintenance and correcting recurring problems.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Engineer:
Management of E&A-MES System functionality and compliance:
• Maintain and support the existing control system architecture.
• Develop and provide maintenance contracts for key control system components.
• Control and support operation of production for maximum reliability and up-time.
• Provide technical operational support for existing systems (after hours if needed)
• Instruct and advise various important stakeholders (production, engineering, maintenance, etc.) on the implementation of E&A and MES Systems
• Follow up examination, root cause analysis, and resolution of issues through formal requests such as ODIR, process deviations, and NCE (Lean) board escalations
• Investigation feasibility and scope analysis to determine potential operational improvements
• Develop and lead initiatives/projects to maintain local/corporate E&A-MES standard compliance
• Conduct estimation, planning, and execution of E&A and MES projects.
• Develop and implement URS documentation, project descriptions, plans, timelines, resources requirements, costs and other associated project details.
• Work along side project engineer(s) during project development and execution.
• Coordinate with Electrical Contractors and Automation-MES integrators on major projects
• Organize and lead project functional tests and MES/SAP-MES/PCS interface testing
Inter-departmental Communication and Initiatives:
• Train engineering, maintenance, and production employees on documentation and equipment operation for newly installed projects and/or new employees that are placed in essential areas.
• Provide support for the NCE (Lean) Process and its associated activities at both Gateway and Eau Claire facilities.
• Ensure that guidelines and procedures are followed for software changes, including written management approval, clear change definition.
• Save previous code, test and validate new code to produce finish product.
• Update process descriptions, P&IDs, and other documentation when a change is implemented.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe cnditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Reports to E&A-MES Manager. Works with minimal supervision.
Provides guidance and engineering direction to Production Team Advisors, Engineers, Technicians, Mechanics, Operators, and others.
Requirements and minimum education level:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent due to working experience.
Required: 10+ years of experience in control and electrical engineering
- Experience in food, dairy, pharmceutical, manufacturing plant environment is a big plus.
- MES system implementation and maintenance experience
- Large scale automation project management
- Experience in supervising or managing.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good project management skills
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize Process qualification, validation in the pharmaceutical or food industry IQ, OQ, PQ
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project required; SAP and AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Good understanding of statisticis and statistical analyzing skills.
- Understanding the principles of QMS, HACCP, and SOPs
- Professional knowledge of industrial electricity 480 VAC, 3Ø control system and MCC’s
- Compent with the following instrumentation platforms:
- Allen Bradley and or Siemens PLC’s. Specifically required to be able to analyze and extract logic.
- Wonderware MES Platform
- Industrial Application Server (ArchestrA) and Intouch 10.1
- Microsoft SQLServer and Terminal Services
- Process qualification, validation in the pharmaceutical or food industry IQ, OQ, PQ
- Factelligence 3.5 or higher (Operations/Performance/Quality)
- Middleware (OPC, XML)
- Net, Visual Basic
- FIX 7.0, iFIX, and iBatch (optional)