Interim Quality Assurance Manager
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Henegouwen Belgium.
The company is a KMO specialised in dairy products and produces several well-known local brands.
As Quality Assurance Manager, you are responsible for food safety and product quality at the site. You will manage all QA-related issues, including reviewing the quality system, retaining certifications at the right level, conducting and supporting audits, and make recommendations to the Management Team. You will lead a department consisting - apart from you - of 2 Quality Control Assistants.
This is an interim assignment for approximately 3-6 months.
- Maintain and improve upon a high level of product quality and food safety and manage the quality system.
- Lead a team of 2 QC Assistants.
- Conduct, prepare and follow up on audits.
- Train staff and advise the management team.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Agronomy, Bio-Engineering, Chemistry or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience with Quality Assurance.
- Experience with HACCP, ISO 22000, BRC, IFS, Organic and Halal.
- Experience with managing teams is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English required, fluency in Dutch is an asset.